Please know that it pains us to change the way that we interact with you, our wonderful pet owners during this COVID-19 pandemic. We have always made it our mission to provide the most personalized, low stress, exceptional care to you and your pet here at Caring Hearts Animal Hospital and it is our intent to continue to do so in these next few weeks to months. Due to the recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), we have decided that it is in the best interest of your health and the health of our team to try to limit human-to-human exposure during this critical time. All changes in our protocols are being made with the intention of being able to stay open and continue to provide excellent medical care for your pets.
𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝟑/𝟐𝟎/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎, 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞 “𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞” 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐬.
Here is a sneak peak at what our curbside service looks like:
This is what to expect:
- We ask that ALL clients/pet parents park in the parking lot and call the hospital (704-893-2799) to let us know that you have arrived.
- Once we receive your phone call you will be transferred to one of our technicians or assistants so that they can discuss any of your health concerns for your pet, get your pet’s history and go over estimated costs over the phone.
- An assistant or technician will then come out to the car to bring your pet into the hospital for services while you wait in the car.
- PLEASE have all cats confined in a carrier so we can safely transfer them into the hospital.
- Dr. White or Dr. Morefield will examine your pet and call you on your cell phone to discuss the exam findings and together you will decide on a course of care.
- After the exam and any agreed-upon tests or treatments are completed your pet will be returned to you.
- We ask that you pay over the phone using a credit card number if possible, however, we still will accept other forms of payment.
- If you are not scheduled for an appointment and simply need to pick up medications and/or pet food, please remain in your vehicle and call the office from the parking lot. We will take payment over the phone and bring your items and receipt out to you.
We continue to take extra measures to clean and disinfect the hospital and wash our hands with even more frequency so that all exchanges will be as clean as possible.
We trust that you are doing the same and we ask that if you have respiratory symptoms or a fever that you refrain from personally bringing your pet to see us. We all have our own anxieties about these changes.
We ask for your patience during this very strange time as we don’t know how long we will have this protocol in effect. We are monitoring the situation, the recommendations of the AVMA and the North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board and making daily decisions to keep the entire Caring Hearts family safe and healthy.
Our goal is to make this experience as smooth as possible. We don’t mean to add extra frustration and stress during such an uncertain time.
We are all in this together so please stay safe and be well. You are all very important to us!
Your Caring Hearts Animal Hospital Team